My tentative Popkas name for Yugioh is Mummy Skulls because at some point I started referring to all the millennium items as Mummy Skulls
"Is it cowardice to hide from flamethrowers behind your mummy skull"
"So do normal people ever notice that guy has a mummy skull for an eye"
"Does Kaiba ever get a mummy skull"
goddddd I really wish I could buy up old Pokemon cards for cheap. Ebay isn’t showing me what I want though. If anybody has cards from the Neo Genesis/Discovery/Revelation/Destiny sets, and they’re in decent condition (not folded/torn/smeared with chocolate) show me what you got
also bella sara cards
Story idea: a card game animu where you never see them play the card game, it just focuses on kids COLLECTING the cards. So like you’ll see a bunch of grade schoolers beating the shit out of each other over a shiny rare, and the bad guy can be the adult collector who’s just buying everything up to turn a profit before the fad dies down. About a third of all cards shown onscreen have smears of peanut butter on them.
- Boyfriend needs to point out every 5 minutes how the dub drastically cut a shitload of plot
- battles take for fucking ever to execute and most of it is talking
- there’s a huge global infrastructure dedicated to this card game and it somehow makes LESS SENSE than the huge global infrastructure dedicated to beyblades, because at least beyblades are more than just pictures on cardstock
- like seriously when beyblade spins make things happen they can say ‘yeah okay it’s because…spinning…physics…yes’ when cards make things happen it’s like ‘MY MAGIC CARD ACTIVATED YOUR HOLOGRAM AND KILLED YOUR GRANDPA’
- everyone’s eyeliner game is sharp as hell
- when yugi goes into deep voice mode he grows a unibrow
- the bug kid is really high right now
Tentative character notes:
Raincandy ‘Rane’ Angerfang
'raincandy' because her original name was 'Ame' which is apparently both 'rain' and 'candy' in Japanese and she's a VERY SERIOUS PERSON so an embarassing name is great. Angerfang because that's a good name for a dragum
Species: space dragon mafia princess?
Goes to ANIME BOARDING SCHOOL in SPACE and learns BATTLING. She uses a polearm so she’s KIND OF a dragoon, which is great because she is a dragon. She can voip into dragon form at any time but it would be impolite so she doesn’t. Her parents are divorced and her dad runs the space dragon mafia. Her mom may or may not be a cop.
Dates a tree.
at what point did emoticons become emojis
at what point did smileys become emoticons
does this mean i’m old
Drudged up and redesigned two old, old, embarassingly old super animu OCs of mine. They’re a dragon girl and a tree boy and they’re super anime.
Ever since I opened an askbox on Popkas I’ve been getting a lot of asks that are giving me new info on Digimon, pointing out little things I missed about Pokemon and Quartzmons, and other stuff that’s useful
But I don’t publish most of them because I’ve got nothing to contribute other than “okay thanks!” and I feel like cluttering up an art blog with text (uhhh more than usual anyways) would be boring for people coming to look at pictures
But I hope nobody thinks I’m ignoring them because Popkas readers are hella cool